Ways to redesign your kitchen on a budget
Remodeling a kitchen can be an exciting and fun process for homeowners but it can also be daunting because of the impending costs that come along with it. Kitchen remodeling isn’t actually that expensive and if you follow some of our tips, you may be able to make a few updates yourself.
1. MAP OUT YOUR VISION
Nothing is more frustrating when you don’t know where to start. Mapping out your whole plan can save a lot of money by not accidentally buying products you don’t need. Once you find out what you want your kitchen to look like, it will be much easier to buy the necessary products. This will also save time as you wont be scrambling after each completed task of a remodel. If you have no idea, look online or ask a professional at a home design store what looks are ideal for a little inspiration. One thing you have to consider is, is it doable yourself or do you need an expert to help you out?
2. GETTING TO WORK
Here are some cheaper items that you should take into consideration when building out a plan.
- Changing the cabinet covers.
- Instead of spending cash to replace the entire cabinet system, you can buy new handles and replace them. Run to your local home craft goods store and pick a style that suits you.
- You can also paint over the old cabinets to give them a more refreshing look.
- Do your walls look plain? You can either buy some wallpaper or show off your artistic skills by painting a cool design to give it a nice finishing look.
- Add a few paintings to complement the Feng shui of your room, this is your kitchen, find your Zen.
- A change in lighting fixtures may give you a brighter look on how you see your kitchen.
Small updates like these can make a big difference until you’re ready for a full kitchen remodel. Once that time comes, reach out to the specialists at Ryann Reed!